Think Before You Speak

Posted by Antoinette R. Banks | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

0


What does, "I'm just telling it like it is" mean? I can't STAND when someone says that has an excuse to be overly rude.  There are ways to say things to someone that won't ignite an emotional response to you "telling it like it is."

I find there is an extreme difference in people who "tell it like it is" and people who "keep it real." Most people who say they are telling it like it is, don't keep it real.  They're manipulators of emotions and circumstances.  Does it sound like I'm venting? Perhaps...I'm just allergic to mess... especially if I'm the recipient of a late night teary eyed phone call from one of my ace's over someone "keeping it real."

The moral of my thought bubble is this...think before you speak.  Don't just go shooting off at the mouth based off a feeling.


My grandmother once told me, "baby, people will forget what you say, but they'll never forget how you make them feel." 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

ShareThis