Willow Smith Signs with Jay-Z

Posted by Antoinette R. Banks | Posted in | Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010

0

Willow Smith, the 9-year-old daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, has released her first single, 'Whip My Hair,' which has already been viewed over 300,000 times on YouTube after 2 days of being released.
Jay-Z said in an interview with Ryan Secrest this morning:  
"I heard the record first before I knew that it was recorded by a nine year old and I was like, man that record's a smash," Jay-Z said, "I believe in superstars. I believe on big records on superstars and I think she has both."
"She has a child's innocence but she has a clear vision of who she is and who she wants to be," Jay-Z said, comparing Willow to a young Michael Jackson.

Many people suggest she’s too young to step into the music game…but let us not forget that beauty’s like Britney Spears, and Fergie all started out around 9 on MMC. AND Raven Symone put out a single when she was 8 written by Missy Elliot called “That’s What Little Girls Are Mad Of.”


At any rate, I'm feeling this one...Justin Bieber eat your heart out. 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

ShareThis