Word of the Day!! (Day 10)

Posted by Antoinette R. Banks | Posted in | Posted on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2

Headliners!!

According to Merriam Webster, The Word of the Day for February 10, 2010 is:

effulgence • \ih-FULL-junss\ noun

meaning: radiant splendor : brilliance

Did you know?

Apparently, English speakers first took a shine to "effulgence" in the middle of the 17th century; that's when the word was first used in print in our language. "Effulgence" derives from the Latin verb "fulgēre," which means "to shine."

The task today: use effulgence to describe yourself sometime today in a conversation. (Which correspondes with #7 of yesterday's post).

Example Sentence:

The effulgence of my smile this morning, was enough to light up the sky. (Corny...but I love it!!)

Talk to you soon!

Comments (2)

In your face I see the effulgence of the stars, but in my eyes you fail to see the love I have for you. No wonder I'm still single!

Nice post:)

aahah!! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

ShareThis