Feb 2nd

Posted by Antoinette R. Banks | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010

0


To all my headliner's...How did yesterday's rehearsal go? Were there hiccups along the way? My rehearsal yesterday went a little shaky...

As I was sitting in my bed and writing each name,the tears started falling and I thought to myself, "I deserve more than this." The names I've been called to name a few were: coward, tramp, slut, bitch, idiot, heartless, retard...every name I wrote made me cringe--to took me back to a place that I didn't want to live again. I know I'm being transparent here, but that's the key for growth and development. As I looked back over the list, I thought to myself; "why do we, as woman, give the power to anyone, other than ourselves, to be responsible for our happiness?"

Today's experiment for me and hopefully for you...is to now rewrite the list that you wrote yesterday. Cross out each name and write down a name that represents who you are and where you're going. Take your time to think about it.

Cross out each name--one by one and understand that this word, this label is not one that you will own!!

Let me know how it goes :-)

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

ShareThis