Google Celebrates PAC-MAN 30th Anniversary

Posted by Antoinette R. Banks | Posted in | Posted on Friday, May 21, 2010

0


Google is known for changing its homepage logo to celebrate holidays while incorporating some magical coding (which I mistakenly thought was flash) to appeal us “navigators.” But today marks a special occasion for the giant search engine: a playable game in the logo’s place –- specifically, a game of Pacman to mark the its 30th anniversary.

Company will be collectively groining as I’m sure their productivity will spiral down as the game is just as addictive as the original, and as Google’s Marcin Wichary says, “[We] made sure to include PAC-MAN’s original game logic, graphics and sounds, bring back ghosts’ individual personalities, and even recreate original bugs from this 1980s masterpiece.”

To play, just press the “Insert Coin” button and you’re set! My oh my how I love Google.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

ShareThis